Obstetrical Care is essential care that focuses on pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum period. During one of the most important stages of your life, we want to be available when you need it most. Whether that be preconception counseling or fetal non-stress testing, whatever it is, we want to make your path to motherhood as comforting and rewarding as possible. We know that every person is unique, and no pregnancy is the same.
Obstetrical Care Services
- Preconception Counseling – In couples with a history of pregnancy loss, we provide counseling to help reassure women that every measure is being taken to avoid future pregnancy loss.
- Routine prenatal care – We provide education and counseling during your pregnancy, every step of the way. This also includes checkups and screenings to make sure mommy and baby are happy and healthy.
- Pregnancy confirmation (consultation and/or testing) – We provide pregnancy confirmation testing, even after using a home pregnancy test. This ensures that mommy and baby are off to a great start.
- Viability Ultrasound (1st physician visit) after confirming pregnancy – This will determine the due date of the baby, number of babies, and check for symptoms of ectopic pregnancy.
- High-Risk Obstetrics (in partnership with UNC and Duke Maternal Fetal Medicine Groups) – We work with moms with chronic health problems, those who face unexpected problems, or have an accident.
- Fetal Ultrasound – This is the safest way to check for problems with the fetus. It also is used to determine sex, and any detect birth defects (Nuchal Translucency Screening, or Anatomy Screening).
- Fetal Non-Stress Testing (NST) – Commonly used if mom is overdue or has any complications. It is a noninvasive way to monitor the fetal well-being.
- Deliveries: Normal Standard Vaginal, Cesarean Section, and VBAC
If there is something you have questions about or a service you don’t see, we would love to hear from you!
Childbirth and Other Pregnancy-Related Classes
There are many classes available through the Rex Family Birth Center including:
- Labor Support
- Baby Care
- Breastfeeding: We also offer in-office lactation classes – Contact us today and find out our next class by calling 919-781-5510.
- Infant CPR
- Infant Massage
- Big Brother / Big Sister
- Prenatal Yoga
- Postpartum Exercise
Review a schedule of classes available at Rex/UNC Hospital as well as register online or receive more information by calling (919) 784-2145.